Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Note Making Template
Check with your teacher as to their expectations about note making. Here is a note making template that may help you get organized.
- Must be expressed in your own word, except some acknowledged quotation marks “ ”. (do not cut/paste then simply change or delete words).
- Plagiarized structured notes may be penalized.
- Use subheadings to organize notes.
- Bullet points for notes.
- Quality of notes (detailed, relevance, written in a concise manner).
- Quantity of notes (substantial and without repetition).
- Relevant and specific historical knowledge concerning all the topics covered in the task sheet.
- Understanding and use of historical concepts such as cause, change and continuity (terminology is used).
- Structured notes (not raw) copied into another word document and submitted to turn-it-in with source analysis.
Reference Generator Middle and Senior Levels
Creates citations for a comprehensive range of sources – copy & paste into a bibliography.
The reference generator will auto-generate the correct formatting for your bibliography depending on your chosen style. At Hale we use the Harvard Reference Style.
Olympic Games Ancient Greece
Battle of Thermopylae
The top ten battles that changed the world by
Call Number: 355.409 OXL
Publication Date: 2009
Call Number: 100 JAC
Publication Date: 2014-10-25
Ancient Greece by
Call Number: 938 GAN
Publication Date: 2015
"The Ancient Greeks" relevant pages
Dillon, M & Garland, L 2013, The Ancient Greeks: history and culture from archaic times to the death of Alexander, Routledge, London.